Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Short Post...

This week will mark the shortest post ever! I worked a mere two days this week due to the long Thanksgiving holiday and a run of four birthdays in succession in my family, starting with Garett's on the 21st. We spent our days tearing up the black plastic we laid down in the spring to warm our nightshade vegetables and cantaloupes. We worked in Fischer and removed five acres of plastic bedding in two days, heaping it into large lumps for pick up and disposal. It was great to come full circle and tear out at the end of the season what we put in at the start! We also said goodbye to Rachel on Tuesday, boo! Good luck Rachel, we're gonna miss you next week! Please enjoy the abbreviated pics of the week below:

Nov 19

One of the large lumps of plastic we pulled up and rolled up by hand in Fischer on Monday. Isaac on the tractor, Rachel and Joshua on the ground.

Nov 20

It was so ridiculously beautiful on Tuesday, Rachel and I stripped down to our leggings in the field. Here we are in our yoga pants! Sweet.

Happy Thanksgiving!

















I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with blessings, and your bounty was great. I'm thankful this year for the health of my amazing family and my wonderful friends, and that I have found a true passion in organic vegetables and farming. It's been a great year, I have a great life. Wishing the same to all of you this holiday season and in 2013... Right around the corner! Until next week.

XO,
Val

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the sight of your beautiful harvest and your wonderful narrative of your organic farming adventure!
    S

    ReplyDelete