Saturday, April 14, 2012

Farm Week One!





For the 2012 Colorado growing season, roughly April through December, I will be working in a group of like-minded interns in order to learn as much as possible about organic farming. My intent for this blog is to document our adventures as we  progress through one photo a day to share with families and friends. I'll do my best to update bi-weekly. I hope you'll enjoy.



Apr 9

Tanea, Elena and Lucia forking over the earth in the Demo Garden

Apr 10

My free range buddy helping me untangle grapevines in the vineyard

Apr 11

Again, Elena, Tanea and Lucia, three of the most photogenic interns
taking a break on a hay bale stack we had just completed.

Apr 12

The irrigation ditch from hell. We spent the greater part
of two days digging corn husks and mud out of it to
prepare it for water on Monday.


Apr 13

My reward for a brutal day hand planting two acres of Rhubarb-
freshly harvested spinach and green onions




So, there you have it. My first week at Grant Family Farms at a glance. It has already been incredibly hard, fun, exhausting, and rewarding. I can't wait for what the season has in store and I hope you'll check in on our journey every so often.

XO, 
Val


5 comments:

  1. Ok, all of you seriously look like models. Is that part of the requirement for admission??
    I'm glad you're doing this -- it'll be nice to get regular photographic updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were all sent to this farm based on our modeling portfolios. Much more glamour to come. Thanks Tom!

      Delete
    2. I noticed that you are using your headshot.

      Delete