Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall fall!

Hey! Autumn is definitely here. Cooler temperatures, and a ton of harvesting!! Loving it so much. We are trying to get the last bests out of our tomatoes, and also pulling all the fruit off our pepper and eggplants! I had Thursday and Friday off this week, my first days off of the season, for my anniversary, so I only have some bomb pics for the first days of the week! A new bed of carrots is ready for harvest in Fischer and we have been scrambling for heirlooms and Valley Girl tomatoes in Pie Four. We had a half day rain day on Wednesday- I have a pretty great outfit for that pic. Also, we said goodbye to Justin last week and I missed that, also Megan this Tuesday. We will miss you guys, two of the veterans!! That said, here are the pics of the week...

Sept 24

Austin, Chris, Arlo, Kristin, Rachel. Val, Joshua, and Ryan on the back of the tractor lifting the carrots out of our Fischer Field early on Monday morning.

Sept 25

Steph with an awesomely huge heirloom tomato in Pie Four on Tuesday!

Me and Rachel ready for rain on Wednesday morning! I look like I am five years old... but then again,
 at least I am not wearing the garbage bag footwear!

Thurs..?Fri..?Bonus Foto(s):

Beautiful sunset picking green beans on Tuesday night.


Rachel, matching the harvest picking carrots on Tuesday morning (Megan's last day)! Also from left,  Ken, Joshua, Tanea, Ryan, Mitty, Steph, and Megan.

My buddy Megan's last day was Tuesday. Here's a retro picture from April! Can't wait to see what you'll do next girl!!! Love you!

Justin left this masterpiece for the Intern House, an awesome functioning cob oven and bench. Here is the Peacock in the foreground, modeling it for us! Good luck on your future building projects Justin!!
I have had two extra days off of the farm this week and I have missed it so much! It's really ridiculous. Can't wait to get back up to Wellington tomorrow and get back to harvesting! Harvestival at Grant Family Farms is next weekend, October 6 & 7! Please come up if you want to learn more about our farm and what we do! Should be pretty fun, and oh, also, welcome to October!! It's the first tomorrow...What??!! 

XO,
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment